As a dynamic organization, BJWSA looks for talented, energetic and committed employees. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for training and career development. BJWSA is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and actively promotes a diverse and drug-free workplace.
Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
BJWSA is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse workforce. Ethnic minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to their application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.
Only U.S citizens or those who have legal status to work in the U.S. are eligible for employment.
Current Job Openings
Under general supervision, provides professional knowledge for project management, design and permitting of all BJWSA private development related projects, and as needed on select Capital Improvement Projects. Coordinates activities to ensure all projects comply with BJWSA’s Development Policy and Procedure Manual, are designed in accordance with the Authority’s Technical Specifications, and approved by its Design Review Team in a timely manner. Performs technical tasks related to projects such as review and approval of design drawings and calculations, computer-aided design, hydraulic modeling, and material submittal review and approval. Completes, submits and/or reviews various required documents such as SCDHEC Construction Permit applications, SCDOT encroachment permit requests, and development project activity reports using BJWSA’s project information management system database. Reports to the Development Projects Manager.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in civil or mechanical engineering or related field and a minimum of three to five years’ experience in engineering related functions and project management, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, & abilities.
- Prof. Engineer or an Engineer-in-Training license preferred.
- Prior experience in development project management for water/sewer utilities, including capacity and availability determinations, will be considered.
- Must possess experience working with various computer applications and the ability to use BJWSA-specific software.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Starting Salary: $ 2,232.80 bi-weekly plus excellent benefits package to include S.C. Retirement System, 401k, generous leave programs, medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, an entrenched safety culture, developing wellness initiative, numerous employee recognition forums, extensive talent development opportunities, and a collaborative team and family type atmosphere.
Applicants must submit a BJWSA application to:
6 Snake Rd, Okatie, SC 29909
or fax 843-548-0112
Deadline: Friday, Sept. 15, 2017
HOW TO APPLY
Review the Job Posting carefully and make sure you understand the job requirements and the process for submitting an Employment Application.
Complete an Employment Application form.
- The Employment Application includes an EEO Self-Identification Form. You may elect to NOT DISCLOSE this information but it should be noted and included as part of the formal application.
- Attach your resume, if you have one, to the completed application. A resume is helpful but does not replace a fully completed Employment Application Form.
- An application should be completed, and is required, for each position for you wish to apply.
- Employment Applications are only accepted when there is a posted vacancy.
Applicants should read carefully the APPLICANT STATEMENT on the bottom of the Employment Application before signing. Unsigned applications are considered incomplete.
Submit the completed application to BJWSA Human Resources.
Mail: 6 Snake Road, Okatie, SC 29909
If you have recently submitted an application for a job opening, you will be contacted if you meet minimum qualifications and are selected for an interview. If you are not contacted for an interview, we appreciate your interest in seeking job opportunities with BJWSA and encourage you to check our job listing website regularly for future opportunities.
Medical Examinations and Drug Test (Post Offer)
An applicant who has received (and accepted) an offer of employment with BJWSA is required to pass a job related medical examination and drug test prior to appointment.