As a dynamic organization, BJWSA looks for talented, energetic and committed employees. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for training and career development. BJWSA is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and actively promotes a diverse and drug-free workplace.
Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
BJWSA is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse workforce. Ethnic minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to their application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.
Only U.S citizens or those who have legal status to work in the U.S. are eligible for employment.
Current Job Openings:
Water Operator III or IV
Under limited supervision, operates the Surface Water Treatment plant(s), ground water systems, and Aquifer Storage and Recovery systems in accordance with applicable SCDHEC regulations. Performs a variety of duties involving treatment plant operations, distribution systems operations, instrumentation calibration, equipment monitoring and preventative maintenance, and administrative tasks. During the off hours, monitors the operations of BJWSA’s wastewater treatment plants and collections systems using BJWSA’s Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) System. Designated when necessary as Lead Operator and acts independently and autonomously during shift by performing higher degree of treatment functions. Requires shift work. Reports to the Chief Water Operator.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three to four years’ experience as an operator of a public water treatment facility.
- Must possess a S.C. Class B (prefer class A) Surface Water Treatment Plant Operator Certification and be able to obtain a Class A certification within 1 yr of hire. Requires a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read and write, and perform basic arithmetic calculations. Must have the ability to operate a variety of equipment and instruments used in plant operations. Must possess basic mechanic skills to perform equipment checks and preventative maintenance and complete instrument calibration.
- Computer experience in Excel, Word and the ability to learn software used by BJWSA. Must possess or obtain training in confined space entry, work zone safety, HAZMAT safety, first aid/CPR and forklift operations.
Starting Salary: $19.22 to $21.62 per hour, depending on qualifications + great benefits package
Applicants must submit a BJWSA application to:
6 Snake Rd, Okatie, SC 29909-3927
or fax 843-987-7573
Deadline to apply: 10/12/2015
HOW TO APPLY
Review the Job Posting carefully and make sure you understand the job requirements and the process for submitting an Employment Application.
Complete an Employment Application form. (click on link below)
- The Employment Application includes an EEO Self-Identification Form. You may elect to NOT DISCLOSE this information but it should be noted and included as part of the formal application.
- Attach your resume, if you have one, to the completed application. A resume is helpful but does not replace a fully completed Employment Application Form.
- An application should be completed, and is required, for each position you wish to apply for.
- Employment Applications are only accepted when there is a posted vacancy.
Applicants should read carefully the APPLICANT STATEMENT on the bottom of the Employment Application before signing. Unsigned applications are considered incomplete.
Submit the completed application to Human Resources.
Mail: 6 Snake Road, Okatie, SC 29909
If you have recently submitted an application for a job opening, you will be contacted if you meet minimum qualifications and are selected for an interview. If you are not contacted for an interview, we appreciate your interest in seeking job opportunities with BJWSA and encourage you to check our job listing website regularly for future opportunities.
Medical Examinations and Drug Test (Post Offer)
An applicant who has received (and accepted) an offer of employment with BJWSA is required to pass a job related medical examination and drug test prior to appointment.