As a dynamic organization, BJWSA looks for talented, energetic and committed employees. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for training and career development. BJWSA is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and actively promotes a diverse and drug-free workplace.
Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
BJWSA is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse workforce. Ethnic minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to their application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.
Only U.S citizens or those who have legal status to work in the U.S. are eligible for employment.
Current Job Openings
Deputy General Manager—Operations & Technical Services (DGM-O&TS)
An exciting career opportunity exists for a DGM-O&TS to serve on the senior leadership team along with the General Manager and Deputy General Manager – Finance & Administration. The DGM-O&TS will report directly to the General Manager and may perform the GM duties in his absence. The DGM-O&TS manages and directs the work performed by the Operations/Maintenance, Engineering, and Information Technology Divisions. These Divisions are responsible for the operations and maintenance of BJWSA’s Water Treatment Plants, raw water supply, distribution and transmission system; collection, treatment (8 WRFs) and disposal of wastewater; management of design and implementation of BJWSA’s Capital Improvement Plan and coordination of all development activities; the development and support of the GIS and Asset Management programs; and all Information Technology and SCADA functions of BJWSA. As part of the senior leadership team, provides significant input in determining and implementing policy, procedures, strategic planning, budgeting, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Prefer a Master’s degree in environmental, civil or mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in engineering and water/wastewater senior utility management.
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience with a diverse team. Demonstrated history of being able to grow and develop talent as well as lead a team to optimal results.
- Strong organization, prioritization and communication skills.
- Demonstrated work history of a strong work ethic willing to expend the time & energy needed to get tasks done.
- Must be a licensed P.E. in South Carolina or able to obtain via reciprocity.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Salary & Benefits: Salary range of $115,900 to $185,400/year based on qualifications & experience. Excellent benefits package to include S.C. Retirement System, 401k, generous leave programs, medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, an entrenched safety culture, developing wellness initiative, numerous employee recognition forums, extensive talent development opportunities, a flexible work schedule in a collaborative team & family atmosphere.
Applicants must submit a BJWSA application to:
HR Dept, ATTN: Diane Thames
6 Snake Rd, Okatie, SC 29909-3927
or fax 843-987-7573
Deadline to apply: Friday, June 24, 2016
HOW TO APPLY
Review the Job Posting carefully and make sure you understand the job requirements and the process for submitting an Employment Application.
Complete an Employment Application form. (click on link below)
- The Employment Application includes an EEO Self-Identification Form. You may elect to NOT DISCLOSE this information but it should be noted and included as part of the formal application.
- Attach your resume, if you have one, to the completed application. A resume is helpful but does not replace a fully completed Employment Application Form.
- An application should be completed, and is required, for each position for you wish to apply.
- Employment Applications are only accepted when there is a posted vacancy.
Applicants should read carefully the APPLICANT STATEMENT on the bottom of the Employment Application before signing. Unsigned applications are considered incomplete.
Submit the completed application to Human Resources.
Mail: 6 Snake Road, Okatie, SC 29909
If you have recently submitted an application for a job opening, you will be contacted if you meet minimum qualifications and are selected for an interview. If you are not contacted for an interview, we appreciate your interest in seeking job opportunities with BJWSA and encourage you to check our job listing website regularly for future opportunities.
Medical Examinations and Drug Test (Post Offer)
An applicant who has received (and accepted) an offer of employment with BJWSA is required to pass a job related medical examination and drug test prior to appointment.