As a dynamic organization, BJWSA looks for talented, energetic and committed employees. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for training and career development. BJWSA is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and actively promotes a diverse and drug-free workplace.
Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
BJWSA is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse workforce. Ethnic minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to their application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.
Only U.S citizens or those who have legal status to work in the U.S. are eligible for employment.
Current Job Openings
IT Systems Engineer
Under limited supervision, responsible for the availability, reliability, performance and maintenance of supported systems, software and applications. This includes future design, implementations and operational support for Microsoft Windows, VMware, storage and backup platforms. Works with IT staff in training employees on IT equipment, applications and procedures. Coordinates maintenance and ensures the proper operation of core applications and hardware. Responds to emergency IT situations during off-hours as required. Reports to the Director of IT.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree, an Associates Degree in Electronics with five to seven years’ experience in an IT system or a High School Diploma with seven to ten years’ experience in IT systems.
- Experience includes utilizing troubleshooting techniques and knowledge involving computers, networking, software, fiber optic networks, SCADA, security, communications equipment, radio frequency theory, and workstations.
- Experience includes managing IT projects.
- Has in-depth, functional, broad-based knowledge of Windows based computer operating systems and networking
- Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly with all departments and employees to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Prefer two years of experience with maintaining governmental information systems in water/wastewater industry.
- Prefer A+, Network+, VMware and Microsoft certifications.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Starting Salary: $1,945.60 bi-weekly + excellent benefits package to include S.C. Retirement System, 401k, generous leave programs, medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, an entrenched safety culture, developing wellness initiative, numerous employee recognition forums, extensive talent development opportunities, and a collaborative team and family type atmosphere.
Applicants must submit a BJWSA application to:
HR Dept, Attn: Diane Thames, 6 Snake Rd, Okatie, SC 29909
or fax 843-987-7573
Deadline: Monday, September 12, 2016
HOW TO APPLY
Review the Job Posting carefully and make sure you understand the job requirements and the process for submitting an Employment Application.
Complete an Employment Application form. (click on link below)
- The Employment Application includes an EEO Self-Identification Form. You may elect to NOT DISCLOSE this information but it should be noted and included as part of the formal application.
- Attach your resume, if you have one, to the completed application. A resume is helpful but does not replace a fully completed Employment Application Form.
- An application should be completed, and is required, for each position for you wish to apply.
- Employment Applications are only accepted when there is a posted vacancy.
Applicants should read carefully the APPLICANT STATEMENT on the bottom of the Employment Application before signing. Unsigned applications are considered incomplete.
Submit the completed application to Human Resources.
Mail: 6 Snake Road, Okatie, SC 29909
If you have recently submitted an application for a job opening, you will be contacted if you meet minimum qualifications and are selected for an interview. If you are not contacted for an interview, we appreciate your interest in seeking job opportunities with BJWSA and encourage you to check our job listing website regularly for future opportunities.
Medical Examinations and Drug Test (Post Offer)
An applicant who has received (and accepted) an offer of employment with BJWSA is required to pass a job related medical examination and drug test prior to appointment.