As a dynamic organization, BJWSA looks for talented, energetic and committed employees. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for training and career development. BJWSA is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and actively promotes a diverse and drug-free workplace.
Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
BJWSA is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse workforce. Ethnic minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to their application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.
Only U.S citizens or those who have legal status to work in the U.S. are eligible for employment.
Current Job Openings:
Under limited supervision, must be able to develop applications software to meet requirements of BJWSA water and wastewater treatment projects. Must demonstrate human-machine interface (HMI) and computer hardware expertise including but not limited to setting up computer system hardware, networks, configuring SCADA application software, developing custom reports, and conducting HMI training. Must also be proficient in programmable logic controller (PLC) hardware and programming expertise including the development of real-time process monitoring and control, control system implementation and field testing, and conducting PLC training.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree, an Associate Degree in Electronics with five to seven years of experience in SCADA systems, or a High School Diploma with seven to ten years of experience in SCADA systems.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HMI application configuration or PLC application programming, preferably in the water & wastewater industry. Must have extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft operating systems, networks, and HMI configuration software (Wonderware or Intellution).
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience with PLC hardware and programming software (Allen-Bradley and Modicon).
- Candidates must possess good communications skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Reports to the Director of Information Technology.
Starting Salary: $1,945.60 to $2,432.00 bi-weekly, depending on qualifications, plus great benefits package.
Applicants must submit a BJWSA application to:
HR Dept, Diane Thames
6 Snake Rd, Okatie, SC 29909-3927
or fax 843-987-7573
Deadline: extended to 8-14-15
HOW TO APPLY
Review the Job Posting carefully and make sure you understand the job requirements and the process for submitting an Employment Application.
Complete an Employment Application form. (click on link below)
- The Employment Application includes an EEO Self-Identification Form. You may elect to NOT DISCLOSE this information but it should be noted and included as part of the formal application.
- Attach your resume, if you have one, to the completed application. A resume is helpful but does not replace a fully completed Employment Application Form.
- An application should be completed, and is required, for each position you wish to apply for.
- Employment Applications are only accepted when there is a posted vacancy.
Applicants should read carefully the APPLICANT STATEMENT on the bottom of the Employment Application before signing. Unsigned applications are considered incomplete.
Submit the completed application to Human Resources.
Mail: 6 Snake Road, Okatie, SC 29909
If you have recently submitted an application for a job opening, you will be contacted if you meet minimum qualifications and are selected for an interview. If you are not contacted for an interview, we appreciate your interest in seeking job opportunities with BJWSA and encourage you to check our job listing website regularly for future opportunities.
Medical Examinations and Drug Test (Post Offer)
An applicant who has received (and accepted) an offer of employment with BJWSA is required to pass a job related medical examination and drug test prior to appointment.