As a dynamic organization, BJWSA looks for talented, energetic and committed employees. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for training and career development. BJWSA is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and actively promotes a diverse and drug-free workplace.
Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
BJWSA is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse workforce. Ethnic minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to their application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.
Only U.S citizens or those who have legal status to work in the U.S. are eligible for employment.
Current Job Openings
Customer Service Representative
Under general supervision, is responsible for assisting, resolving and responding to customer concerns in a call center environment and in person. Duties include maintaining, closing and establishing customer accounts and records; generating, distributing, and completing work orders and communicating via two-way radio with construction and field crews.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with vocation or technical school training in accounting, bookkeeping, customer service, or related area.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an accounting, cash handling, customer service or administrative position dealing with customers involving basic accounting or bookkeeping functions or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Possess proficiency with computer applications, must be able to operate a two-way radio, printers, copiers, facsimiles, 10-key calculator and postage meter.
- Possess excellent telephone and oral communication skills. Ability to perform routine arithmetic calculations. Must be able to type 35 cwpm.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Reports to the Call Center Supervisor.
Starting Salary: $14.70 per hour + excellent benefits package to include S.C. Retirement System, 401k, generous leave programs, medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, an entrenched safety culture, developing wellness initiative, numerous employee recognition forums, extensive talent development opportunities, and a collaborative team and family type atmosphere.
Applicants must submit a BJWSA application to:
HR Dept, ATTN: Diane Thames
6 Snake Rd, Okatie, SC 29909
or fax 843-548-0112
Deadline to apply: 10-23-17
If you have recently submitted an application for a job opening, you will be contacted if you meet minimum qualifications and are selected for an interview. If you are not contacted for an interview, we appreciate your interest in seeking job opportunities with BJWSA and encourage you to check our job listing website regularly for future opportunities.
Medical Examinations and Drug Test (Post Offer)
An applicant who has received (and accepted) an offer of employment with BJWSA is required to pass a job related medical examination and drug test prior to appointment.