As a dynamic organization, BJWSA looks for talented, energetic and committed employees. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for training and career development. BJWSA is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and actively promotes a diverse and drug-free workplace.
Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
BJWSA is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse workforce. Ethnic minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to their application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.
Only U.S citizens or those who have legal status to work in the U.S. are eligible for employment.
If you have recently submitted an application for a job opening, you will be contacted if you meet minimum qualifications and are selected for an interview. If you are not contacted for an interview, we appreciate your interest in seeking job opportunities with BJWSA and encourage you to check our job listing website regularly for future opportunities.
Field Operator I
Under frequent supervision, locates, inspects, maintains, installs and repairs water and sewer lines to ensure quality service to BJWSA customers. Performs work in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures, regulations, and standards of quality and safety. An entry-level position in the multi-skilled Field Operations workforce. Reports to the Field Operations Supervisor.
Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prefer a minimum of one (1) year related experience.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) license with tanker endorsement within six (6) months of date of hire.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a Class “D” Water Distribution License and a Class “D” Collection System license within two (2) years of date of hire or promotion. Must show progression towards required licensure after one (1) year.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Starting Salary: $14.15 per hour + great benefits package
Applicants must submit a BJWSA application to:
HR Dept, ATTN: Diane Thames
6 Snake Rd, Okatie, SC 29909-3927
or fax 843-987-7573
Deadline to apply: June 10, 2015
Director of Treatment Operations
Deadline: 4-8-2015 – The deadline for application submittal has passed. Interviews are being conducted.
HOW TO APPLY
Review the Job Posting carefully and make sure you understand the job requirements and the process for submitting an Employment Application.
Complete an Employment Application form. (click on link below)
- The Employment Application includes an EEO Self-Identification Form. You may elect to NOT DISCLOSE this information but it should be noted and included as part of the formal application.
- Attach your resume, if you have one, to the completed application. A resume is helpful but does not replace a fully completed Employment Application Form.
- An application should be completed, and is required, for each position you wish to apply for.
- Employment Applications are only accepted when there is a posted vacancy.
Applicants should read carefully the APPLICANT STATEMENT on the bottom of the Employment Application before signing. Unsigned applications are considered incomplete.
Submit the completed application to Human Resources.
Mail: 6 Snake Road, Okatie, SC 29909
Medical Examinations and Drug Test (Post Offer)
An applicant who has received (and accepted) an offer of employment with BJWSA is required to pass a job related medical examination and drug test prior to appointment.