As a dynamic organization, BJWSA looks for talented, energetic and committed employees. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for training and career development. BJWSA is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and actively promotes a diverse and drug-free workplace.
Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
BJWSA is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse workforce. Ethnic minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to their application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.
Only U.S citizens or those who have legal status to work in the U.S. are eligible for employment.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Technical Maintenance Specialist II
Under limited supervision, assists and performs the mechanical, electrical, plumbing and instrumentation maintenance of all equipment related to the Authority’s water and wastewater system. Troubleshoots and assesses maintenance and repairs, plans, acquires parts, schedules and implements repairs. Reports to the Technical Maintenance Supervisor.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two years of vocational or technical school training in electrical, mechanical, electronic and instrumentation studies with minimum of five years of experience dealing with the same or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Class “C” Water Distribution license and a Class “C” Wastewater Collection license within two (2) years from hire. Must show progression towards required licensure after one (1) year.
- Must possess ability to communicate, both orally and in writing and requires computer experience in Microsoft Office Products with the ability to use software used by BJWSA. Must possess or complete BJWSA sponsored training in confined space entry, bloodborne pathogen, hazardous material, first aide/CPR, forklift operations, crane operations, and lockout-tagout within one year from hire.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, and must possess or obtain a Commercial Driver’s License within one year of hire.
Starting Salary: $19.99 per hour plus excellent benefits package to include S.C. Retirement System, 401k, generous leave programs, medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, an entrenched safety culture, developing wellness initiative, numerous employee recognition forums, extensive talent development opportunities, and a collaborative team and family type atmosphere.
Applicants must submit a BJWSA application to:
- HR Dept, 6 Snake Rd, Okatie, SC 29909 or
- E-mail: email@example.com or
- Fax: 843-548-0112
Deadline to apply: Friday, October 19, 2018
To download application, click here BJWSA Employment Application
BJWSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer in conformance with Federal and State regulations, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetics, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. BJWSA is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse workforce. Minorities, women, Vietnam-era veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you have recently submitted an application for a job opening, you will be contacted if you meet minimum qualifications and are selected for an interview. If you are not contacted for an interview, we appreciate your interest in seeking job opportunities with BJWSA and encourage you to check our job listing website regularly for future opportunities.
Medical Examinations and Drug Test (Post Offer)
An applicant who has received (and accepted) an offer of employment with BJWSA is required to pass a job related medical examination and drug test prior to appointment.